Tuesday, May 19, 2015

My First Expert.. My Mother Kept A Garden


image courtesy :www.huffingtonpost.com My Mother Kept A Garden - Author Unknown My Mother kept a garden, a garden of the heart, She planted all the good things that gave my life it's start. She turned me to the sunshine and encouraged me to dream, Fostering and nurturing the seeds of self-esteem... And when the winds and rain came, she protected me enough- But not too much because she knew I'd need to stand up strong and tough. Her constant good example always taught me right from wrong- Markers for my pathway that will last a lifetime long. I am my Mother's garden. I am her legacy- And I hope today she feels the love reflected back from me

My Mother is not only my first expert but she is my first institution. There are many little moments which are shinning in my memory when I am writing this article where my Mom helped me to boost my self esteem. Sharing today one of my favorite and most memorable memory. Years back few guest arrived our place and Mom was busy attending them and asked me to look after the milk boiling on cook top. May be she want to prepare some sweet traditional Indian dessert. I was in my early teens and not have too much knowledge about cooking. There was a few pieces of lemon my Mom kept aside to use in another recipe. Out of my over enthusiasm I thought I will surprise Mom with new type of lemon milk and squeeze the lemon on the milk. OMG... OMG the milk started to curdled. I panicked call Mom immediately and accepted the blunder that I had done. Bit upset but she didn't scold me, just in soft voice said next time when you experiment just let me know may be we both can create magic. I was about to start a long cry but she stopped me and told don’t waste time instead ask your Dad to attend the guest and you stand here and help me. She strain the mixture and let it sit. While my Dad attended the guests she prepared some savory snacks with some vegetable and that curdled milk which turned into cottage cheese and with other half she added some castor sugar, rose essence and make soft sweet cheese ball. Decorate it with rose petals and chopped pistachio. I am stunned in about 30 minutes time she was ready with savory and sweet snacks with perfect garnish to serve the guest. With a bright smile we both enter the room, my Mom also told the guests that how I helped to make the dish. They all appreciated my effort. Deep down I am filled with not only love for my Mom but with respect. Later on after all the guests left our house, happy I hugged my Mom and say thank you and asked that why she didn't scold me for such a huge mistake.
She gave me the lesson of life time...she said in soft sweet voice which I still remember ... my dear  girl …not always things will go the way we want…..but if we loose temper , scream and worry it will not change the situation to good but make it more worse….rather we should find out ways how to make worst the best…how to bring out beautiful out of the mess and it can only happen when we try to solve the problem in silence..and add love to all…..at the end what count is happiness for self and for others…see how beautifully we both made the guests happy.
 Today I am a known food and motivational blogger sharing recipes,wisdom and good thoughts with the world. My first expert, my beloved Mom is my base till now, each day teaching me such wisdom with tenderness. Each day I am growing brighter, my Mom is my sunshine who light every day of mine. May you stay healthy happy always…Maa love you forever.
Be Happy. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment